It’s been an interesting transition into the new year to say the least. While we got to work on a beautiful wedding in Santa Barbara, the day we were coming back my step-father fractured his leg/ankle and then shortly after that my grandmother fractured her elbow. So it’s been loads of fun for people, obviously.
But I digress, all of our wedding prep has definitely put me behind in the Inspiration Monday department. I am here with a new one though. It’s about the always fave: WEDDING TRENDS!!
Overall we’re looking at grander, sparkli-er (I’m making up my own words here, people. Follow along…), and romantic-ier (see?!) weddings than before. Vintage is sticking around, as is the whole Roaring Twenties/Great Gatsby thing. Add some peonies, candles, a little Instagram and that’s kind of where we’re headed. It’s a lot, I know, but don’t make me reference the 90’s or we’d be in loads of trouble.
This IM post will be super generalized. The IM’s to follow will be more in-depth, each with it’s own inspiration board so you can see how I view every trend (if you’re into that sort of a thing. ;]).
Let’s get started…
1. Colors: Blush, Radiant Orchid (Pantone’s Color for 2014, y’all!), Gold, Royal/Navy Blue, Gray, Mint
2. Themes: Roaring Twenties/Great Gatsby, Woodland/Garden, 90’s
3. Design/Decor: Patterns, Vintage, Glam, Opulent, Candles, Pops of Color, Sparkle, Romance
4. Flowers: Peonies, Garlands
5. Food/Drink: Spicy, Family-Style, Snacks, Seasonal Drinks
6. Invitations: Small, Illustrations, Lace
7. Cake: Sparkly, Seasonal Flavors, Ombré
8. Music: Themed, Ethnic
9. Dresses: Beaded, Jeweled, Dramatic Backs
10. Etc: Photo Booths, All-Night Ragers (j/k…we’re looking at after parties), To #Hashtag or To Not Hashtag (i.e. Instagram), Edible Favors, Marquees
What’s your favorite trend for 2014?!
– Melissa for KML Events